Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Bath

We had to get all the stuff out of her hair eventually. So after everyone went home I took Alice down for a bath. Jan, a friend of Jacci's family, happened to the nurse that got to bath Alice for the first time. She called me a chicken when I said I wanted her to do it and I would take pictures. Jan was super nice and got the job done very well. Here is the new girl with some freshly washed hair.
Finally, the eyes are open. They didn't stay open for long.
And here I am with our new daughter. FYI that little thing on her belly monitors skin temperature. When baby's temp is low or the nurse takes it off of baby without turning the machine off the alarm is both scary and reassuring.
Last night was mostly uneventful. Alice slept in the nursery because she was spitting up a lot of stuff and she needed some close attention. She ate very well in the middle of the night and had a big poop. The amount of hair on her little head is the talk of the nursery.


2 comments:

  1. So Adorable! Thanks for sharing the photos so quickly! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the photos so quickly! Thanks for sharing Matt. Alice looks very much like her "Big Sister". Can't wait to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete